Our Portfolio Operations Function
NextGen Growth Partners’ Portfolio Operations has four primary goals:
- Ensure a smooth post-close transition for new investments.
- Work with management to create a value creation plan, which dictates the critical initiatives needed to achieve investment thesis.
- Solve challenging problems that arise at our portfolio companies.
- Capture and share insights from across our portfolio, unlocking value for all our operating teams.
Supporting our CEOs
Our core objective is to support our CEOs through from Day 1 to Exit.
Prior to Transacting
- Develop the initial Value Creation Plan (VCP) enabling you to hit the ground running and lay the groundwork to achieve the investment thesis.
- Day 1 Planning including the overall communication plan and stakeholder communications strategies (e.g., What messages will land with employees, customers, vendors, etc.)
- Support with Board Member selection and strategy, creating an effective Board of Directors.
First 90 Days
- Hands on support and templates to deliver your first Board of Director’s meeting.
- NGP 100 Day plan checklist to ensure a smooth and successful transition into your business.
- Free access and onboarding to the NGP Value Creation Planning Platform which includes KPI dashboards and the ability to track internal and external initiatives (with your teams, your board, and NGP).
- Support and guidance, from an experienced team, on crafting strategic plans and associated budgets.
- Work with NGP to develop a robust set of financial controls focused on improving the operational efficiency and profitability of the business.
- Developing leading and lagging KPIs, allowing for visibility into the business and enhanced decision making.
Years 2 to 5
- Access to NGP best practices library and vetted vendors.
- Assistance navigating Talent strategy and how to build, motivate and retain a winning team as your business grows.
- Support for determining integration readiness and developing Post-Merger integration plans, if part of your investment thesis.
Years 5 to Exit
- Exit planning in coordination with your Board of Directors.
- Maintaining relationships with potential strategic and financial buyers.
- Identifying and addressing factors that impact valuation multiples.
Division of Responsibilities
Chief Executive Officer
- Responsible for setting the strategic direction of the business
- Hiring, motivating and retaining talent at all levels in the organization
- Day-to-Day Operations
Portfolio Operations Team
- Supporting Value Creation plan development and prioritization
- Provide surge capacity at times of need
- Serve as an advisor on select strategic and operational topics
Board of Directors
- Provide guidance on the overall strategic direction of the business
- Lend specific Industry and / or Functional Expertise
Example Project Engagements
Curious about our transaction process?
The team at NextGen Growth Partners is committed to preserving legacies and crafting a bespoke transition. Through collaboration, we are determined to come to the best possible outcome for each business effectively and in a timely fashion.