Resources | Entrepreneurs
Am I ready to search?
Ten Action Items and Resources to Help You Prepare
- Have you read the Stanford search fund primer?
- Have you perused NGP’s free resources tab?
- Have you signed up to Searchfunder?
- Have you spoken with any searchers or CEOs of small businesses about their journey? If not, we recommend utilizing Searchfunder to do so.
- Are you familiar with the pros and cons of an accelerator?
- Do you have a thorough understanding of ETA economics and have done the relevant exercise?
- Have you done an internship? If not, we encourage you to review the job application and apply.
- Are you familiar with the workflow and nuances of getting a deal done?
- Can you articulate why ETA is the right next step for you and why you think you would be a successful searcher/CEO?
- Have you thought through which industries you would like to search in, and why those industries would be the right fit for you?
Once you feel comfortable with the model, your options, and your level of readiness, it’s time to take the next step in your ETA journey.